Can i get anything else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the end you can stick with what ever you want to .
I know mine is 5" long the one spot Foxface Rabbitfish is the smallest one and still requires 70gal or bigger .
They are beautiful ,
I got mins for free as a rescue from a online classified add .
It was too big for their tank .
They are cheap to purchase I'm a little scared of the venomous barbs

Yeah i dont think my dads gonna wanna get ine of them for that same reason! I thought that they were reef safe? Guess im wrong.

ill be worried about the Eel the angel and the puffer i have a dwarf angel in my FOWLR that just had a anemone that died in the first week same with a star fish, never kept a eel or a puffer i would like to though

ill be worried about the Eel the angel and the puffer i have a dwarf angel in my FOWLR that just had a anemone that died in the first week same with a star fish, never kept a eel or a puffer i would like to though

I dont understand what your saying? Are you saying its hard to keep angels?

I wouldn't put a foxface in a 2 foot long tank, they are grazers like tangs and get fairly large. An angler would be awesome or you could do seahorses with a little bit of extra care. There are tons of stocking options for a cube and it's dimensions are nice. Also, on angels being reef safe, my friend had a flameback for a year that did wonderful than one day decided to just eat all his clams and acans. IMO no angel is ever truly reef safe even if it has been in a tank for a while.

I wouldn't put a foxface in a 2 foot long tank, they are grazers like tangs and get fairly large. An angler would be awesome or you could do seahorses with a little bit of extra care. There are tons of stocking options for a cube and it's dimensions are nice. Also, on angels being reef safe, my friend had a flameback for a year that did wonderful than one day decided to just eat all his clams and acans. IMO no angel is ever truly reef safe even if it has been in a tank for a while.

I will risk the fox face since without a show fish than the tanks gonna look like crap. My lfs has an black angler and its pretty awesome

I wouldn't do a seahorse they need a species tank and that extra care is a lot for a community tank

I have a 60g 24x24x24 rimless and have a nice selection of fish, just small ones. Most of the fish mentioned I wouldnt put in that size tank though. :-( It is an awesome tank for corals though as it has a great front to back dimension so rockscaping is easy and looks super in this size tank. Thats why I got mine, to make a fullblown reef vs a "fish" tank per se. I think the biggest fish I have in the 60g are my b&w clowns. I have a bunch of gobies and blennies too but it looks pretty nice in my opinion. The full blown reef has had to wait as I am infested with aipastia at the moment. lol But thats what I think the cubes are best for. Just my opinion. :)

If you want a tang then a 75g is the bare minimum in my experience. Even then, you would have to stick with one, but you could have a foxface and even a school of fish if you wanted. Its that 4 foot length that makes the difference, not the extra 15g of water.

If you have the 60g already just stock it with ":happy" small fish, they can be just as cool as the large fish. lol

I have a 60g 24x24x24 rimless and have a nice selection of fish, just small ones. Most of the fish mentioned I wouldnt put in that size tank though. :-( It is an awesome tank for corals though as it has a great front to back dimension so rockscaping is easy and looks super in this size tank. Thats why I got mine, to make a fullblown reef vs a "fish" tank per se. I think the biggest fish I have in the 60g are my b&w clowns. I have a bunch of gobies and blennies too but it looks pretty nice in my opinion. The full blown reef has had to wait as I am infested with aipastia at the moment. lol But thats what I think the cubes are best for. Just my opinion. :)

If you want a tang then a 75g is the bare minimum in my experience. Even then, you would have to stick with one, but you could have a foxface and even a school of fish if you wanted. Its that 4 foot length that makes the difference, not the extra 15g of water.

If you have the 60g already just stock it with ":happy" small fish, they can be just as cool as the large fish. lol

I already have it in my house, judt not set up yet.

Wait, so i can get a foxface? If not is there any nice semi-big fish (5-7 inches) that u could get? How about a school of blue green chromis aswell?

you have several choices of chromis
I love these

img_2685628_0_61e1dd0849f264d042f8910b33407b3a.png

Does it have a top? If so I would get a bluespotted jawfish or a flame hawkfish! Although the hawk might eat anything smaller than it lol

Does it have a top? If so I would get a bluespotted jawfish or a flame hawkfish! Although the hawk might eat anything smaller than it lol

No, but i can get a lid and make a canopy. Jawfish i have heard are hard to care for, and hawks seem kinda freaky and aggresive.

If this is still the 37g tank you were talking about then no, you can't do a fox face. They need a much larger tank still. You have to keep the size of your tank in line with your expectations.

Jawfish need a deep sand bed so you will be looking at sacrificing 5"-6" of tank space to substrate in order to keep one.

If this is still the 37g tank you were talking about then no, you can't do a fox face. They need a much larger tank still. You have to keep the size of your tank in line with your expectations.

Jawfish need a deep sand bed so you will be looking at sacrificing 5"-6" of tank space to substrate in order to keep one.

I wasnt planning on one anyway, they look alot like blennys but are 5 times as hard to care for, maybe 10

Back
Top Bottom