Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmckoy View Post

In the end you can stick with what ever you want to .
I know mine is 5" long the one spot Foxface Rabbitfish is the smallest one and still requires 70gal or bigger .
They are beautiful ,
I got mins for free as a rescue from a online classified add .
It was too big for their tank .
They are cheap to purchase I'm a little scared of the venomous barbs
Yeah i dont think my dads gonna wanna get ine of them for that same reason! I thought that they were reef safe? Guess im wrong.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

ill be worried about the Eel the angel and the puffer i have a dwarf angel in my FOWLR that just had a anemone that died in the first week same with a star fish, never kept a eel or a puffer i would like to though

Old 10-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plecolover18 View Post
ill be worried about the Eel the angel and the puffer i have a dwarf angel in my FOWLR that just had a anemone that died in the first week same with a star fish, never kept a eel or a puffer i would like to though
I dont understand what your saying? Are you saying its hard to keep angels?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

I dont understand what your saying? Are you saying its hard to keep angels?
No I'm saying that there sometimes not reef safe
Old 10-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I wouldn't put a foxface in a 2 foot long tank, they are grazers like tangs and get fairly large. An angler would be awesome or you could do seahorses with a little bit of extra care. There are tons of stocking options for a cube and it's dimensions are nice. Also, on angels being reef safe, my friend had a flameback for a year that did wonderful than one day decided to just eat all his clams and acans. IMO no angel is ever truly reef safe even if it has been in a tank for a while.
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
I wouldn't put a foxface in a 2 foot long tank, they are grazers like tangs and get fairly large. An angler would be awesome or you could do seahorses with a little bit of extra care. There are tons of stocking options for a cube and it's dimensions are nice. Also, on angels being reef safe, my friend had a flameback for a year that did wonderful than one day decided to just eat all his clams and acans. IMO no angel is ever truly reef safe even if it has been in a tank for a while.
I will risk the fox face since without a show fish than the tanks gonna look like crap. My lfs has an black angler and its pretty awesome
Old 10-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
I wouldn't do a seahorse they need a species tank and that extra care is a lot for a community tank
Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have a 60g 24x24x24 rimless and have a nice selection of fish, just small ones. Most of the fish mentioned I wouldnt put in that size tank though. :-( It is an awesome tank for corals though as it has a great front to back dimension so rockscaping is easy and looks super in this size tank. Thats why I got mine, to make a fullblown reef vs a "fish" tank per se. I think the biggest fish I have in the 60g are my b&w clowns. I have a bunch of gobies and blennies too but it looks pretty nice in my opinion. The full blown reef has had to wait as I am infested with aipastia at the moment. lol But thats what I think the cubes are best for. Just my opinion.

If you want a tang then a 75g is the bare minimum in my experience. Even then, you would have to stick with one, but you could have a foxface and even a school of fish if you wanted. Its that 4 foot length that makes the difference, not the extra 15g of water.

If you have the 60g already just stock it with ":happy" small fish, they can be just as cool as the large fish. lol
Old 10-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plecolover18 View Post

I wouldn't do a seahorse they need a species tank and that extra care is a lot for a community tank
I meant just seahorses lol I would never do them In a community. But yes they can be tough.
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I have a 60g 24x24x24 rimless and have a nice selection of fish, just small ones. Most of the fish mentioned I wouldnt put in that size tank though. :-( It is an awesome tank for corals though as it has a great front to back dimension so rockscaping is easy and looks super in this size tank. Thats why I got mine, to make a fullblown reef vs a "fish" tank per se. I think the biggest fish I have in the 60g are my b&w clowns. I have a bunch of gobies and blennies too but it looks pretty nice in my opinion. The full blown reef has had to wait as I am infested with aipastia at the moment. lol But thats what I think the cubes are best for. Just my opinion.

If you want a tang then a 75g is the bare minimum in my experience. Even then, you would have to stick with one, but you could have a foxface and even a school of fish if you wanted. Its that 4 foot length that makes the difference, not the extra 15g of water.

If you have the 60g already just stock it with ":happy" small fish, they can be just as cool as the large fish. lol
I already have it in my house, judt not set up yet.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com