Can I have 2 BTA in one tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
We have one BTA nad my husband really likes the anemones and I want to get him another for Fathers Day but I was wondering if there would be a fighting problem? If so what other one (not expensive) would be good to get? Also how many snails for a 55 gal fowlr tank. We are having some red slime algea problems and want to rid the tank of it. TIA!! Sue

if you get exactly the kind you have now be it rose or green it will be fine. i would not try to add a different one. my 2 roses killed my green bta.

IMO snails won't eat the red slime. At least none of the snail I have ate it. This is more a bacteria then algae, poor lighting, low water flow and phosphates can cause this. Do a search on this and you should find info on red slime, cyno bacteria.

I wonder whose idea it was to call it cyanobacteria.. it's not exactly intuitive considering it's nearly always red. :roll:

Im not sure if you mean you have 2 bulbs, or 4. If you have 4 bulbs at 65 watts you have plenty for BTAs. Was just checking since you said FOWLR.

Back
Top Bottom