Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
can i just add this sand to the tank?

Hey guys guy at petco praticaly gave me some used live agronite from his 70 gal he is taking down 40 pounds for ten bucks i already have added some water from my 55 gal reef to the bucket its in it looks nice and clean i saw a few worms crawling in it when i stirred it a little so stuff is still living so wat do i do add it little by little to the 125 which has fish in it now or wat tell me wat to do guys....

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
If it's still fresh and alive, just pour it in. Smell it 1st tho. You will know if it's fouled with dead/dying matter, and if it is, I would thoroughly rinse it with fresh water then pour it all in.

Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well its got bristle worms squiriming around it it it looks fairly clean i have it cycling in the bucket he had it in with a little water from 55 on top with a heater and filter it looks live and thriving
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If all the worms and bits are still active....and it doesn't smell rotting, then I would just pour it in.

What else do you have in the tank? You won't want all the floating sand that will be suspended in the water to settle on your corals.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

no corals in this tank just a tang two damsels royal grama and a blenny and the sand is already added lots of spagetti worms in it as well

Tags
sand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com