can i just add this sand to the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys guy at petco praticaly gave me some used live agronite from his 70 gal he is taking down 40 pounds for ten bucks i already have added some water from my 55 gal reef to the bucket its in it looks nice and clean i saw a few worms crawling in it when i stirred it a little so stuff is still living :) so wat do i do add it little by little to the 125 which has fish in it now or wat tell me wat to do guys....

If it's still fresh and alive, just pour it in. Smell it 1st tho. You will know if it's fouled with dead/dying matter, and if it is, I would thoroughly rinse it with fresh water then pour it all in.

well its got bristle worms squiriming around it it it looks fairly clean i have it cycling in the bucket he had it in with a little water from 55 on top with a heater and filter it looks live and thriving

If all the worms and bits are still active....and it doesn't smell rotting, then I would just pour it in.

What else do you have in the tank? You won't want all the floating sand that will be suspended in the water to settle on your corals.

no corals in this tank just a tang two damsels royal grama and a blenny and the sand is already added lots of spagetti worms in it as well :)

Back
Top Bottom