Can I order or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was going to order a couple of inverts for my fuge like an emerald crab and a couple peppermint srimp. I nwas wondering if they would be ok in the box the nest day until three cause thats the earliest I cold get home. I was also wondering if I could raise a spiny lobster and then keep him in my tank when hes bigger. Will he still get killed even when hes like 5in.? Will they survive until 3?

Even if I had someone to bring them inside? Would the oxyen levels still deplete? Or were you just concerned about the heat?

And what about the lobster and my fish? And are there any cool clean up crew like crabs that my grouper wont eat? He ate 2 porcelain crabs. :(

there is no good reason why you would want algae eating critters in the refugium.
as far as shipping goes, if you tell the folks you are buying from that you won't be able to collect the box until 3:00pm, they could possibly put it on a later flight, or perhaps add an extra cold pack.
that said, i've picked up boxes of fish and corals that sat in a box for 24 hours and they were fine.

The shrimp eat detritus dont they? And the crabs I really want but my fish will eat them. Would the lobster be ok?

they are scavengers. opportunistic feeders IMO/IME. people use them to eat aptasia, a living organism. i would leave the detritus eating to the copepods and amphipods. the lobster is also an omnivore, and an opportunistic feeder.

So would they lobster get killed in my display? If I raised him in the fuge and then put him in the display would he be fine? What are some cool big crabs that I could get for the display? I want a crab so much but my fish....... do you know of any?????

Or of any shrimp? My cleaner shrimp dissapeared and I think they were eaten..... should I try them again??????

what fish do you have at this time? no, if the shrimp are gone, i wouldn't add more.
*oops...i see the sig with your stocklist. any inverts would be lunch IMO.

And for the cleaner shrimp they dissapeared after like 5 days.... so they could have died then gotten eaten. My salinity was a little low so thats possible.

Back
Top Bottom