Can i put two different clowns in a 25 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
Planning to put a percula with a tomato clown or ill do another combination. Would they fight and kill each other or should should i put one clown species per tank?

I wouldn't do it. Tomatoes are among the most aggressive. I have a small sebae in with a percula and they work well and are similar in size. As a general rule , clowns can be very aggressive and species don't mix well.

the perculas and false perculas do fine together, tomatoes have a tendency to get terretorial and a little aggressive.

i have a 75 and 2 pink skunks and 1 perc he needs a friend the pink skunks are not nice to him i think you would have major issues in a 25 i will probably try a friend with him and if there is to much agression i will trade in one pair of clowns

I placed a mated pair of false perculas and a tomato clown in a 75 gallon at the same time, thinking that they would have plenty of room and define their own territories on seperate ends of the tank. Plus, I thought the whole 2 against 1 matchup would be a deterrent to any tomato aggression. It didn't happen. What did happen was a battle royale of clown fighting which the tomato was winning. When all was done, the tomato was scooped out and placed in solitary confinement in a 12gal eclipse tank, while the mated pair stayed in the 75gal. the moral of the story; never mix tomato clowns with less aggressive clowns. They are bullies.

Back
Top Bottom