Can I set up a small tank for live brine feeding shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I hate going 2 the fish store and getting alittle bit of live brine shrimp for my green mandrine dragonite and other fish/ corals. its 30-35 minute drive to get their and another 30-35 minutes back. (Gas Prices). I want 2 set up like a small 2-5 gallon tank just for raising live brine shrimp. How can I do this.

I know some folks do it but I dont know enough but I`ve seen people use a 2 liter bottle all the way to a 10 gallon tank. I know it can be done just have never done it.

I have a 2 liter bottle set-up. I bought it at my lfs for like $6. It came with a base and you turn the 2 liter bottle over and screw it in. Then there is a hole in the bottem where you put airline tubing to oxygenate/move the water around. I cut the bottom of the bottle so I can siphon them out after they have hatched. It's pretty easy. The only problem with using something small like the 2 liter bottle is the water temperature. I am going to eventually probably setup a 10 gallon with a sponge filter and do it.

My fish love it and my cardinalfish only eat the brine shrimp and mysis. I also have a green spotted mandarin.

Back
Top Bottom