can i use this garlic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
guys i am HAVING trouble findn plain garlic juice. how everi have one that has the following
garlic 63% water, canola oil, modifed starch, vinegar, salt, food acid, vegetable gum.
some of it i know is fine but very ify about some
thanks inadvnced.

thanks a million lando.
I think i am comming to do a trip to the US, here is Aus its impossible to get any of this i have to do international shippings for so many things
australia dosnt have VHO, they dont have no-ich marine and no decent garlic in liq form. and they wanna charge $130 + for a cleaner shrimp
I hate Australia for marine products.
But I have to say the fish varties are great.
just had to vent, sorry.

I think I may have seen some one that makes their own. Correct me if I am wrong, but it might be Hara, and if it is not, please forgive me, I saw that post quite a while ago...

i tried this, but all i got was a tiny bit of juce and garlic that was minced but not well and i was left with a stinky house.
my partner was not impressed. :(

You can use pure garlic powder if you are making your own food. Do not use it straight in the tank. Works fine for me because I chop up clams, shrimp, dried foods, and add vitamin c, and garlic powder then I freeze it, chop it up and feed the fish little cubes. They love the stuff.

ok that might be the way to go.
I am making my own food, but i also use pre frozen stuff like brine shrimp they all love it even my blue tang goes nuts for it.
so what if i defrost it and then break it up sprinkle some power over it and then frezze again would this be fessiable?

I chop up garlic then squeeze the juice out. I soak pellets and brine shrimps in this juice for an hour before feeding. I don't know the con's of doing this but my LFS suggested me doing this so i wouldn't have to waste money on garlic products. Garlic extreme is 99% garlic extract btw.

Garlic???

Hmmm As a Chef I love to use garlic but i havent heard of kicking up my fish food a notch!... Is this something new??

Anyways I would suggest going to your kitchen gadget store and getting a garlic press..this should help extract some juice and it should make any pulp small enough to be edible by fish..( Do fish fart???....If so I feel for the tank mates!!...)

You should also be able to find a fine mesh screen or aka. china cap that you can press crushed (use flat of blade on a chefs knife and smush) then press through screen...

These probably wont give you straight juice (youd need ALOT of garlic to extract just oils of any sizeable amount) but they will mince it small enough for fish an verts (if wanted??) to eat...
I would also be leary of powders as they can be who knows what kind of dust flavored with imitation garlic flavors.... Chefs dont cook with the stuff in good restaurants (an even some dumpy ones) so I don't know what that says...

If I come across garlic extract from a pervayor or a culinary site I will post it later on.....

Mike

i havent heard of kicking up my fish food a notch!... Is this something new??

Not new, as far as I know. It helps some finiky eaters. I believe it causes a feeding instinct. Plus it helps their immune systems.

roka64 said:

Not new, as far as I know. It helps some finiky eaters. I believe it causes a feeding instinct. Plus it helps their immune systems.

I heard about this a while ago while looking for a natural and reef safe cure for ich. This is why I use the vitamin C to boost immune system and the garlic gets fish to eat (as was mentioned).

roka64 said:

I heard about this a while ago while looking for a natural and reef safe cure for ich. This is why I use the vitamin C to boost immune system and the garlic gets fish to eat (as was mentioned). I also heard it helps with stress but not sure about that.

ok i got me so garlic power, this is the way to go no mess and what i do is i defrost the brine shrimp in a very small amount of hot water then tip some garlic power in stir it up and then freze it and the next morning defrost with host water and its garlic feeding time
thanks a million to angelscrx for the suggestion of the powder.

Back
Top Bottom