Can ich fight off ich on their own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new guys are not in the display. Just got home so still in bags. I'd need to run to town for a filter of some sort to set up a QT. I already have an empty tank, heater and hood. What else would I need?
You need 1 or 2 PVC pipe couplings to provide a hiding place to reduce stress.

If they are already in DT use Garlic Xtreme. It works like an ich repelant. Otherwise QT is a piece of mind.

I've never heard of this as a repellant. Only as a possible immunity boost. I guess it won't work as a "repellant" to new fish.

When garlic is in your water it is absorbed by fish. Mixing with food is more effective. It will take effect as soon as you treat your tank regardless of old or new fish. The word I use "repel" is because ich can not penetrate once the immune system is high.

When garlic is in your water it is absorbed by fish. Mixing with food is more effective. It will take effect as soon as you treat your tank regardless of old or new fish. The word I use "repel" is because ich can not penetrate once the immune system is high.

Thanks for explaining. I just finished talking to a LFS owner and he recommended soaking their food with garlic and letting them fight off the ich or do freshwater dips once a day. He said QTing them would stress them out more which was what I was thinking. The other fish I would be adding are seahorses which he said dont get ich since they don't have scales, but I'm not so sure if they can or can't. I won't add them until the ich is cured though.

Low salinity in QT reduces stress. QT purpose is to observe if new fish is free from ich. It will take about a week for a sign to show. Some treat them right away.

Some of the things you say are just hilarious! I may keep reading this thread for pure comic relief, but don't you worry, I won't attempt to interject any facts into your fantasy anymore. LOL!

Some of the things you say are just hilarious! I may keep reading this thread for pure comic relief, but don't you worry, I won't attempt to interject any facts into your fantasy anymore. LOL!
That's great! At least there is something for you to be entertained with. I keep my comment as briefly as possible and might be misunderstood by someone who just make fun.

Why get so worked up over someone's advice even if it's wrong? From what I'm researching and asking around, it seems that he's not wrong. There's no need to get condescending. Respect others opinions/advice please.

My advice is based on my experience and observation. I may use another term not commonly used just to simplify things. If there are better ways they are welcome in the forum.

Why get so worked up over someone's advice even if it's wrong? From what I'm researching and asking around, it seems that he's not wrong. There's no need to get condescending. Respect others opinions/advice please.

+1 Lets try and keep things civil

Callen Ich can hide in the gills and we will never know that it's there If the other fish have it chances are the new ones will too. Better to QT and treat as though they do than risk any more.

I don't know where you get off that you can be so condescending towards others, but if you have a rebuttal, do so in an educated and constructive manner. NO ONE is perfect, including myself. We're all here to help eachother enjoy this hobby, not make it more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom