Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Fish R friends, not food!

Can long tentacle plate corals kill?

This morning I found my peppermint shrimp on top of my long tentacle plate coral dead. Can a plate sting? I checked to make sure it wasn't just a molt and it's not. He has been healthy and happy until this morning. Parameters are 0,0,10. I didn't know if the coral could kill or if the peppermint just died and that is where the flow deposited the body. I also have 2 percula clowns, a hector's goby, a lawnmower blenny and a cherub angel. Don't think it was any of them, though. Please let me know what you think.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

FWIW, my peppermint just died randomly... found it one morning sitting on the sand in the corner of the tank. After looking in to it, apparently a lot of people have had the same luck. Interested to see if it was the coral or just par for the peppermint course.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Fish R friends, not food!

Ya, just putting the question out there. I haven't heard anything about them stinging. I guess sometimes things just die.
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would think they could kill if they have long tentacles. But I could be wrong.

Tags
coral, corals, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com