I would think that mold is a likely culprit. It can easily become airborne and have immediate effects. Is there anything that was flaking off or becoming airborne when you were working? A carpet area that had not been vacuumed for quite some time?
This is from a EPA website.
A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home | Mold | Indoor Air Quality | Air | US EPA
"Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people."
A good cleaning and airing of the area may be needed.
Hope everyone feels much better soon!