can someone please help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rfpqgold

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my son and I just set up our tank and preformed all of the tasked needed to start a salt water tank. however when we went to the fish store with a sample they said the PH was TOO HIGH, he gave us something called buffer max. now im not sure if we are to take the fish out first and use buffer max or just pour in the buffer max. I am very sorry to waste your time with this question. I really just don't want my 12 year old son to have his fish die over something like this.

thanks,

we have live ocean rock and live ocean sand, I do not know what PH number it was. the guy didnt tell us

I would purchase test kits yourself as your lfs person doesn't seem helpful in the slightest. I wouldn't adjust anything until you know what you are adjusting specifically. Has the tank cycled thoroughly? Here are some test kits for you to consider:

API
Salifert
Elos
Hagen: I've always had good luck so throwing that in the pot as well.

Tests to purchase: NH3 (cycling purposes), NO3, pH, Calcium, and Alkalinity.

Various websites make these available, here is an example: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~test_kits__index.html

i like salifert or instant ocean they work good eay to use and read. also after you find out what your PH is. you can lower it with a water change.

Innovator asked the question, but I'll ask again because the answer may play a part in your pH issue...

Have you cycled the tank yet?

Back
Top Bottom