Can this work, or will I kill it all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60 Gallon tank with and integrated sump box that hangs inside the tank. I am trying to add a refugium and have set up a 10 gallon tank(35 gallon soon to follow if this works) inside the stand. Since the tank is totally sealed and there really is no possible way to use an overflow, I wanted to see if this idea might work. I want to get something like a Fluval 204 and use it to pull water out of the integrated sump and filter it through some GAC and PhosSponge(type not yet known) then into the fuge with a MAG3 returnto the tank. The flow rates are very close between the two when the head height is considered. I thought this way if the power died there would not be a reverse syphon to empty the tank into my office and the canister could satisfy my need for GAC and PhosSponge. I am working on a diagram, but would love any feedback on my thoughts. TIA.

Mac

I just think with the slightest error somewhere along the way your going to have a mess. What happens if the return pump get a snail in it? Will this overflow the sump? Is a overflow box out of the question. Can you drill the tank? Just a few questions.

Back
Top Bottom