can u overskim a tank ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 g with a diablo 160 very big for my tank ....can this big of a skimmer overskim my tank ...

That's what I thought I just been having issues with coral not growing in that tank can't figure it out I got a aqua pro light which is the 150w x2 mh uv 20 gallon Sump chiller to keep temp contant ...fish growing like weeds coral won't do crap I put it in my other tank it takes off like s rocket ....I'm missing something in that tank

Alk is very important the lower it is the less calcium that can be absorbed. Hit a certain level and the process will stop

You cannot over skim a tank. There are corals that do better in less than perfectly clean water though. SPS and most LPS are not one of them.

Correct calcium/alkalinity/ph
Proper flow for the coral in question, might have to experiment
Very low phosphates (under .05 for SPS)
Proper lighting for the coral in question, might have to experiment
Proper placement with other corals that could be toxic when mixed, watch for stinging or other signs that adjacent corals are fighting back.

Last edited:
Kenya, Xenia, colt corals are all similar in their needs. Pretty basic corals to get to grow, so get these happy before moving on to anything more advanced.

I would say check your alkalinity and I think you'll find your problem

I'll have to stop on my way home and get a cal mag test kits to see ....my phospates see.025 everything else is zero

Back
Top Bottom