Can you feed marine fish stuff from the sea??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicklid-collector

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I live by the beach in the United Kingdom Barry island (Gavin and Stacey) and I have a porcupine puffer was wondering if I could catch some crabs n mussels dwn their seing as he only likes live foods I do feed him ghost shrimp but their hard to come by around my area many thanks

I have read where people make their own fish food. Buy scallops, frozen shrimp and a bunch o stiff then throw it all in a food processor.
Don't see why you couldn't use live stuff from your beach.
CAUTION THO. Any contaminates from the shore including effluent, red tide and fertilizer from the shore would end up in those and could harm the fish. But if you live in a clean area with less population.

Ingy said:
I have read where people make their own fish food. Buy scallops, frozen shrimp and a bunch o stiff then throw it all in a food processor.
Don't see why you couldn't use live stuff from your beach.
CAUTION THO. Any contaminates from the shore including effluent, red tide and fertilizer from the shore would end up in those and could harm the fish. But if you live in a clean area with less population.

Cool thnx very much ;)

Back
Top Bottom