Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenturtle

It should be ok, except for the pink spot goby. Don't they get too large for one?
Hmmm.... LA says 30 gallon Is ok. If not the pink spot what other sand sifting goby could I get?

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithFish

Hmmm.... LA says 30 gallon Is ok. If not the pink spot what other sand sifting goby could I get?
You're right. I got it mixed up with the diamond :/

Old 11-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

You will want to decide what order you are going to put them in the tank. That is what will be a big factor if they get along. The bangaii and the clowns are your 2 most aggressive. The pink spot goby will be the hardest to feed so you will want to consider if you want to teach him to target feed or just what to make sure he doesn't starve to death. The royal gramma and the purple fire fish may not get along at all, you might need to have an emergency tank set up if they start fighting.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13
You will want to decide what order you are going to put them in the tank. That is what will be a big factor if they get along. The bangaii and the clowns are your 2 most aggressive. The pink spot goby will be the hardest to feed so you will want to consider if you want to teach him to target feed or just what to make sure he doesn't starve to death. The royal gramma and the purple fire fish may not get along at all, you might need to have an emergency tank set up if they start fighting.
the fire dish and gramma don't do well?!?!
And can you suggest an easier sand sifting goby? I'm not a big fan of dead fish:l

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

The fire fish and the royal gamma might get along fine it is just they are very similar body type and color that is where the problem will be. Most sand sifting fish actually starve to death slowly over a few months because of feeding problems. Sinking pellets right before the lights go on help get the food down to the sand bed.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just to chime in,

My experience with grammas is that they are territorial, but it's normally a pretty small territory they defend around their chosen hidey hole. (Unless it's another gramma or dottyback - that's just bad news.)

Sixline wrasses also may jump.

Bangaii cardinals are sometimes aggressive with other cardinals, and are not really active swimmers. When I first got mine he stayed in one spot in the aquarium staring into space. My wife named him space cadet. They sometimes take a little while to get onto prepared foods, so make sur that you have a variety of meaty frozen foods available to get him started. Mine now takes flake which I never thought I'd see.

I had a fire clown, royal gramma, Bangaii cardinal, and sixline all in my 37 at the same time. The fire clown was the biggest and meanest fish as well as the most established. The royal gramma was #2 followed by the Bangaii and sixline at the same time. The clown left the royal gramma alone with no issues. When I go the last two, the clown chased the sixline pretty hard and the royal gramma just charged at the sixline whenever he got close to his chosen hole. They totally ignored the Bangaii altogether. This all subsided after a day together. The clown now will get a little feisty with the Bangaii at feeding time, but they are fine otherwise.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com