Can you guys give me any info on these fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's my biocube 29 reef stock list, if there's anything I need to know about these(feeding, behavior) that you could tell me, thanks!:)

1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple firefish
1 pink spot goby
1 sixline wrasse

Clown will Twitch even without a mate - its okay.

Gramma may or may not be agressive with Purple firefish - both semi-territorial, but neither are active swimmers.

Purple firefish are jumpers so keep a lid on it.

Pink spot goby is a sand sifter, so unless you have an estabilished sand bed, she may run out of food. Try pellets to get them to the sand bed for her.

Basically all I know.

Sorry Swims! I was thinking about a diamond goby - not sure why, but here's the info on the Pink Spot.

"The Spotted Watchman Goby is also known as the Pink and Blue Spotted, Singapore Shrimp, Leptocephalus Prawn, or Pinkspotted Shrimp Goby. The head and body are yellow to tan with pink spots surrounded by smaller blue spots.
It requires a 30 gallon or larger aquarium with plenty of loose coral rubble, ample swimming room, and a sand bottom for burrowing. It rarely becomes aggressive towards other fish, but it is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair. It may try to jump out of the aquarium or other small openings, therefore, a tight-fitting lid is required. The Spotted Watchman Goby diet should include a variety of mysis shrimp, vitamin-enriched brine shrimp, table shrimp, and frozen food preparations for carnivores. It should be fed at least twice per day."

That's alright! Thanks! And I don't know if you know but I am the former sleepswithfish.

SwimsWithFish said:
Here's my biocube 29 reef stock list, if there's anything I need to know about these(feeding, behavior) that you could tell me, thanks!:)

1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple firefish
1 pink spot goby
1 B&w clown

It should be ok, except for the pink spot goby. Don't they get too large for one?

SwimsWithFish said:
That's alright! Thanks! And I don't know if you know but I am the former sleepswithfish.

That's funny I've seen your posts and when I first started reading this I just skimmed the name and I thought it was sleepswithfish. Lol... and btw I liked the previous name. I never thought you slept with fish. Lol. I'm also a big godfather fan. O and of course the sopranos.

KAhner said:
That's funny I've seen your posts and when I first started reading this I just skimmed the name and I thought it was sleepswithfish. Lol... and btw I liked the previous name. I never thought you slept with fish. Lol. I'm also a big godfather fan. O and of course the sopranos.

Lol yeah great film. Never seen the sopranos though... I love all old gangster movies:)

Greenturtle said:
It should be ok, except for the pink spot goby. Don't they get too large for one?

Hmmm.... LA says 30 gallon Is ok. If not the pink spot what other sand sifting goby could I get?

SwimsWithFish said:
Hmmm.... LA says 30 gallon Is ok. If not the pink spot what other sand sifting goby could I get?

You're right. I got it mixed up with the diamond :/

You will want to decide what order you are going to put them in the tank. That is what will be a big factor if they get along. The bangaii and the clowns are your 2 most aggressive. The pink spot goby will be the hardest to feed so you will want to consider if you want to teach him to target feed or just what to make sure he doesn't starve to death. The royal gramma and the purple fire fish may not get along at all, you might need to have an emergency tank set up if they start fighting.

joy13 said:
You will want to decide what order you are going to put them in the tank. That is what will be a big factor if they get along. The bangaii and the clowns are your 2 most aggressive. The pink spot goby will be the hardest to feed so you will want to consider if you want to teach him to target feed or just what to make sure he doesn't starve to death. The royal gramma and the purple fire fish may not get along at all, you might need to have an emergency tank set up if they start fighting.

the fire dish and gramma don't do well?!?!
And can you suggest an easier sand sifting goby? I'm not a big fan of dead fish:l

The fire fish and the royal gamma might get along fine it is just they are very similar body type and color that is where the problem will be. Most sand sifting fish actually starve to death slowly over a few months because of feeding problems. Sinking pellets right before the lights go on help get the food down to the sand bed.

Just to chime in,

My experience with grammas is that they are territorial, but it's normally a pretty small territory they defend around their chosen hidey hole. (Unless it's another gramma or dottyback - that's just bad news.)

Sixline wrasses also may jump.

Bangaii cardinals are sometimes aggressive with other cardinals, and are not really active swimmers. When I first got mine he stayed in one spot in the aquarium staring into space. My wife named him space cadet. They sometimes take a little while to get onto prepared foods, so make sur that you have a variety of meaty frozen foods available to get him started. Mine now takes flake which I never thought I'd see.

I had a fire clown, royal gramma, Bangaii cardinal, and sixline all in my 37 at the same time. The fire clown was the biggest and meanest fish as well as the most established. The royal gramma was #2 followed by the Bangaii and sixline at the same time. The clown left the royal gramma alone with no issues. When I go the last two, the clown chased the sixline pretty hard and the royal gramma just charged at the sixline whenever he got close to his chosen hole. They totally ignored the Bangaii altogether. This all subsided after a day together. The clown now will get a little feisty with the Bangaii at feeding time, but they are fine otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom