Canary Blenny & Dottyback help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my tank is 39 Gallon and ive had 2 ocellelaris clowns and 1 sunrise dottyback. I adopted a canary blenny from a friend. I read they have a powerful bite to defend themselves but mine just aint quick enough it seems. Anything i can do or should i just get rid of the canary blenny? My dottyback comes at him like a rocket when he sees him. Will they work it out? Any exp. or suggestions welcome. Thanks

Thats what im afraid of. I might have to get rid of one. The dottyback will be impossible to catch. I was also thinking that i may be pushing my limit for a 39 gallon tank too. 2 Ocellaris clowns, 1 sunrise dottyback and 1 canary blenny. Whats your opinion on this?

I don't know. That does not sound full at all. I have a 38 gallon with a pair of Gold Flake Maroons, a rare prawn goby and pistol shrimp, A baby multicolored angel, a fridmani dotty back, a springeri dottyback and a pair of lubock wrasses. All get along fine with each other.

I think that Paul has room for another fish or two depending on the size, but breakthecycle, that's a lot of fish! Bioload must be insane.

I don't know. That does not sound full at all. I have a 38 gallon with a pair of Gold Flake Maroons, a rare prawn goby and pistol shrimp, A baby multicolored angel, a fridmani dotty back, a springeri dottyback and a pair of lubock wrasses. All get along fine with each other.

Wow. That is full. I dobt plan to add anymore fish. I just hope this blenny and dottuback get along. If not i may have to get rid of one.

Well i may have to get rid of one. Either the sunrise dottyback or the canary blenny. The dottyback obviously cost more. Ughh...wish theyd just get along cause i like them both. The blenny stays glued to the back glass beside the overflow. Guess hes scared. Wish he would just lay into the dottyback one good time with those fangs, but my dottyback is literally a ninja. Any ideas or suggestions?

my strawberry dottyback owns the left side of my tank.. She rarely lets any other fish neat her caves.. *sigh* Kind of wish she wasn't in there, but like you said, there is no getting her out. If your fish is anything like mine, it will stay aggressive.

The canary blenny is alot less shy now swimming around and the dottyback is attacking him alot less. The blenny sleeps in the corners of the tank layed against the silicone. Hes a pretty cool dude. Heres some pics of him.
img_2514331_0_607f5d127fd87353fdd0ec736933adf5.jpg
img_2514331_1_dc2a625189476d0f8ae066ba2cb26838.jpg
img_2514331_2_b9ec2c39d49b4efc94718d1253a7b41f.jpg

They will work it out. I have a sunrise dotty and my fish are like oh you again. Beautiful fish mine turned a deep purple with the yellow back. Ninja yes! I added a leopard wrasse and my dotty and melanervus wrasse were jerks but now they all get along.

They will work it out. I have a sunrise dotty and my fish are like oh you again. Beautiful fish mine turned a deep purple with the yellow back. Ninja yes! I added a leopard wrasse and my dotty and melanervus wrasse were jerks but now they all get along.

I hope so cause i really like the sunrises. Those leopard wrasses are awesome. My tank isnt big enough for one. I believe im fully fish stocked now in my 39 gallon. 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 sunrise dottyback, & 1 canary blenny.

To me it is. Im sure i could add a couple more but i dont want my bioload to increasr. I want them to be comfortable too. That dottyback will go serial killer if i add another fish too. Lol. Each fish is different. My 2 clowns occupy only about a square ft.

Back
Top Bottom