Candy cane coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldini

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I have a fiji candy cane coral. I have tried several locations in the tank from the bottom to almost the top. I have a 30 gallon with 2 96watt PC's. Is it normal for this coral to eat some brine shrimp :) I have noticed sometimes if it can eat brine shrimp that floats in its path. also does it appear to be healthy to you guys. it is actually brighter in person than the pic shows. Thanks guys

Jeff

I feed mine all the time. Chopped krill, mysis, whatever I'm feeding the tank, he'll eat it all. What makes you think it isn't healthy?

I didn't really think it was but I just wanted to make sure, everything has been going way too good for a 2 month old aquarium LOL. I was also wondering what to look for to tell if it wasn't doing ok. I heard they are fine if they are puffed up and very colorful. I assume it they aren't then they should be moved or feed more is this correct?

thanks
Jeff

This is a pretty hardy LPS and you have plenty of light for it. It should get plenty of food at tank feeding time. try mysis or krill instead of brine as it is a better nutritional source. Moderate water flow as well. Feed right before lights out at night and watch the tenticles come out at night to capture food. It is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom