Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I run a 55gal tank with around 60lb of LR, seaclone 150 protein skimmer. would it help my tank if i put a filter on it?

I am just wondering if it is beneficial to have one, In ow the more water being filtered the better

I run a 55gal tank with around 60lb of LR, seaclone 150 protein skimmer. would it help my tank if i put a filter on it?

No canister on sw unless you plan on cleaning it weekly id reccommend fugi of some sort

What type of filter are you considering getting a HOB or a canister ?

Why don't you consider a sump. You can get a 10 gal or a 20 gal and make that a sump. Which will add more volume to your tank and are able to hide some equipment.

But if your just looking for more flow in the tank just get a few powerheads.

I got a free fluval 405 and I'm not planning in spending a lot of money I might just clean it weekly

I got a free fluval 405 and I'm not planning in spending a lot of money I might just clean it weekly

Id say with a good skimmer it would be more trouble than its worth but if you do run it id run some sort of carbon media or a phosphate media in it

I'm just going to run the skimmer and sell the canister

No matter what regular cleaning in sw is a must. Extra filtration is good if your not adding a fuge keep it an clean it once you get a routine it's pretty quick.

No matter what regular cleaning in sw is a must. Extra filtration is good if your not adding a fuge keep it an clean it once you get a routine it's pretty quick.

I agree. I run a Fluval with the sponges and have chemipure in it. It only takes about 10min a week to clean it out once you get used to it. Extra filtration is always good.

Back
Top Bottom