CANNOT figure out what these are!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASJ4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Added some zoanthids on a new piece of live rock to my tank a few days ago. We found this orange thing that looks like an egg sac attached to it but nothing is happening. I cannot find any info about it anywhere! Does anybody know anything at all about it? It is anchored to the rock by 3 strands. It's orange with little white balls inside of it. It literally looks like an egg sac... Will post a pic. We've noticed nudibranches and some stars hitchhiked in but nothing seems to be the creator of this sac.... Totally stumped!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 186
I would get it out of there asap .. not much good comes from unknown egg sacs..

I just came home from a night out and found theseImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405390786.189223.jpg I dunno what they are or what to do?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would get it out of there asap .. not much good comes from unknown egg sacs..

:nono: Where's your sense of adventure and curiosity?

put it in some type of container but segregated from the tank so if/when whatever hatches it isn't automatically let loose in the tank.
Then you can determine what it/they are and whether or not it poses a problem

One time I had a similar sac in my tank and I left it alone. Later when it hatched I did not find anything new to my tank. Then one day I noticed something is boring my live rocks and white excrete outside those rocks with holes. It was a black worm that feed on LR. I was able to catch and dispose it.

I think I am just going to dispose of them. Don't want to risk any thing I have no live plants or rocks all are ornaments.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom