Canopy Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

For those of you with canopies, where do you put your filters, and such?

I would like a wooden canopy over my thing, to hide all that stuff, but dont know where you put the filters and things at, and how you build it around them.

Can anyone help?

Most canopies have opening in the back. Therefore, it enables you to leave everything exactly where you have them now. Go to your lfs and look at one of there canopy. Its really easy to build one on your own and save $$$. Good Luck!

So does it have a ledge a few inches up from the bottom of the canopy that sits on the tank hood?

In other words, is it like this, to where there is a ledge or something inside that rests on the aquarium?

The black is the tank and the red is the canopy.

img_392320_0_06214fec891116a670116470778ab763.jpg

Yes. That's what it looks like on the sides and front. The back is open.

Exactly. You could run a small piece of wood at the top of the back for support but with the 3 side and the top, the piece should be stable. I think most people sit the canopy so it sits down on the tank and covers the trim.

Im thinking of doing away with a protein skimmer, So I would need something to cover up the hole I made...

I guess I could mount the light thingy in the top of the hood or suspend it or something, I dont know, and maybe put vents or holes in the top to vent the heat out.

I dont even know if I would need a door on the front, as it is a 30 gallon hex (Yea, hex) so I could prolly just lift it off each time I needed to access it.

Back
Top Bottom