Can't believe i tried this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkLehr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so i've been in this hobby for 20 years. I just want to share my recent experience.

I was setting up a 29 gallon salt tank, just to introduce my wife into the world of aquariums. I've been out of the hobby for about 2 years since we met & married & moved....

To appease the wife I bought 2 Mollies to cycle the tank with. After it cycled i decided to keep them in there, mainly just out of laziness. This has proved to be the best move i have ever made. These Mollies have served as dither fish to my other fish. Every fish I add to this tank eats on the first feeding. My first fish was a Coral Beauty Angel, and it ate flake food 10 minutes after being introduced to the tank. From my observation it appeared to recognize the food source by watching the behavior of my Mollies. I had the same result with my Sharp Nosed Puffer & Six Line Wrasse. In all my years I have never had fish to acclimate as quickly and confidently to an aquarium as this one and I believe I owe this to my 2 Mollies!

Any thoughts or experiences? By the way, I am not crazy. :p

i cycled my tank with a pair of damsels and i saw the same thing happening when i got my clown fish

Back
Top Bottom