Cant decide what fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pryzz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys and girls. Just wondering about a fish decision. I currently have a 40 gal tank that's stocked blah blah but I'm in the process of upgrading to a 180. Current tank is a reef and the new one will be too.

So I'm wondering if people can give me experiences and tips for a long nose butterfly vs fox face rabbit. I don't want to get both because I plan on having a yellow tang and don't want too much of the same sort of colours.

Thanks in advance!
John.

Well the only butterfly fish that's reef safe even possibly is the foxface.

IMO the foxface looks better the butterfly fish, they also change colours at night; I like to call them "pajamas" haha. Butterfly's are also very finicky eaters so it is hard to feed them.

IME the foxface is easy to take care of; I have one in my fowlr and my friend has one in his 120 reef and we both agree, they are very nice additions to any tank with sufficient size.

Just my 2cents. Hope I helped :D

I vote foxface also. The butterfly will pic at corals and inverts. Foxface will add the same dolor, just as active, and isn't impossible to feed.

Cool, fox face it is! Thanks guys. I'll be making a build thread when I'm a bit closer to being able to afford the equipment I need. So I'll probably need some help there too. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom