Can't get my frag to attach!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I took everyones advice and placed the frag at a nice spot on the rock in my tank, and piled 2 pieces of rubble on top of it. It still won't attach. It's been a little less than a month now, and it still is happily "laying" on the rock. I have tried flipping it on sides, thinking maybe it didn't want to attach at the site I had it facing. I've moved it. I've put more and less pressure on it. I check in about every 4 to 5 days to see if it has grabbed a hold yet...but nothing.

I'm a bit afraid to try to pierce it with anything else, considering the fiasco I had already put it through with the toothpick. It's looking SO much more healthy now since it's had a chance to "rest" for lack of a better word.

So, I guess I'm asking...Is it ok to pierce it again? I would be attempting the fishing line AGAIN this time, instead of the toothpick method. It's a rather small chunk of frag, about... 1.5" by 1".

Also, is there something I am doing wrong with it attaching via the rocks on top of it? Am I being impatient? The rest of my frags are doing awesome...I just don't know why this piece of colt coral is being so stubborn.

Thanks alot.

Devilishturtles said:
I'm a bit afraid to try to pierce it with anything else, considering the fiasco I had already put it through with the toothpick.

The toothpick method has never failed for me. I tried all the other things you are trying and it was the only thing I could get to work on a colt coral. I am sorry you had so much trouble with it.

The toothpick method works wonderfully for me. If you can, use a plastic toothpick. The coral will not be able to attach to the plastic as well as it can wood, and you will be able to pull it out real easy.

DragonForce said:
The coral will not be able to attach to the plastic as well as it can wood, and you will be able to pull it out real easy.

That's not necessarily true. I've been taught at several fragging seminars with Calfo and Borneman, that corals will actually adhere to plastics quicker.

Hey Devilish,
Good luck. If it doesn't work this time, I'll come over and bring the staple gun. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom