Capnella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have heard the reason for limbs to just fall off of the capnella is that your PH is too low. I had the same thing happen to me so I raised my PH by using Kalk and it hasn't happened since.

Naw, if ph was low it wouldnt come out. and on garfs website said that the little spawnings float and find a place to grow.

I have heard the reason for limbs to just fall off of the capnella is that your PH is too low. I had the same thing happen to me so I raised my PH by using Kalk and it hasn't happened since.
I can prove you wrong. Here is an article from garf, if you dont know garf, they are professional reef keepers.GARF stands for Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation, and they keep their tanks perfect, and they said that their capnella droppes frags off. Heres what they said

Garf-Capnella
You can see the plug this coral is mounted on. It is a very fast grower. Once it reached its current size, I noticed that it was dropping frags off of its branches. There are many of its babies all over the tank.

Garf-Capnella
One of the best growers of all the corals. It has been propagated many times. I have found that it recovers better from propagation if it is pruned, rather than taking most of the head. It also drops off branches at this size. If you look closely on it's right side you can see a new baby attached on the Aragocrete rock next to it.

Check out GARF ( the URL is listed below) they have several good articles of fragging and they show several ways to attach frags, glue , rubber bands, and wedding lace. they also take you step by step on on too!

www.garf.org

I know LOL, Ive attached like 2 frags now, if you look at one of my other posts, I have pics of my first capnella baby

Back
Top Bottom