capture chromis...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok yesterday i was trying to catch my 3 BG Chromis and was unsuccessfull... does anyone know any easy ways to capture them??? TIA!!!

my nitrate readings now are about 10-15ppm... i have like 8 fish in my tank now i just dont want to over do it..

I guess I was thrown by your sig, with only 5 fish in it. What else you got in there other than the 2 clowns and hawkfish?

i have a neon goby and just added a Coral Beauty (on the smaller size), plus i have hermits and a couple snails and an emerald crab...

ok we were able to capture them!! i usually feed a little everyday. i going to slowly start to every other day...

I was going to add... I have used a clear box put into the corner of the tank and use a net to force the fish into the box. Then simply remove the box. Usually this works with out stressing the fish too much and little removal of live rock.

yeah it took a while but a friend and i were able to catch them with the use of two nets, and the fish did not seem to be very stressed at all... thanks for the advice guys!!!

Another way for future reference would be to do like I did to catch 2 yellow gobies. Now keep in mind these were VERY small. I took the clear tube that is attached to your aquarium vaccum and started a siphon. I had them sucked out in no time. They went to hide in between a rock and I sucked them right out. Didnt hurt these small fish at all.

i think it wont be a problen anymore... i have about 30# of LR in the tank and i have 35# being cured in another tank, this should help alot (I Hope). :)

I cuaght my BG chromis by feeding it some flake food. While it was eating I just scooped it out with a net.

Back
Top Bottom