Carbon ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantareadio

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have carbon ammonia rocks...I really need the nitrite and nitrate lowered in my qt tank so I can add my two new clowns. I don't have salt water to do a water change. I added this carbon ammonia blend even tho it says freshwater only....what's the worst that can happen?

I have to say befor any purchase u need to do research and make sure everything meaning equipment is in good working order and yur tank has properly cycled... not to sound rude but if u can't afford a water change in a qt tank u may want to rethink the hobby u are in as water changes are a very important part of keeping fish... As for the fw carbon u used I don't recomend using anything not manufactured for sw not saying u can't but would u put ice cream on a steak? Lol see my point

Yea ,anytime you have a qt tank up and running you need to be ready with saltwater to do partial water changes when needed. Either sick fish or qt newcomers. Ammonia and nitrates can build up fast.

Back
Top Bottom