Carbon filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jason M said:
No all carbon has phosphate in it. Whether it be 1 of .3 ppm. Most carbon sold had a detectable reading after agitating it. Some not till later.

Not correct.
http://www.hallman.org/filter/gac.html

Good reading. Yes, SOME carbons are washed with Phosphoric acid, some are not. There are over 100 types of activated carbons, some for atmospheric use, some for water.

This is what I have. It doesn't say how it has been treated tho =\

Attachments

• image-588897936.jpg
    image-588897936.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 74
Thanks guys. I put it in last night but had to take it out today due to a sudden Ich infestation :( the treatment says remove my carbon filter.

Those treatments won't work. You need a quarantine tank to drop the salinity to 1.008 in. Leave the tank fish less for 6 weeks. Leave your inverts in the tank.

6 to 9 weeks. 6 isn't necessarily long enough. I am a believer of strong health in the fish and the ich will go away on its on. That's how I did it

I don't have a quarantine tank =\
I ordered one yesterday though

Sqasnatch said:
6 to 9 weeks. 6 isn't necessarily long enough. I am a believer of strong health in the fish and the ich will go away on its on. That's how I did it

Correct. I think almost all tanks have some level of parasites in them, the ocean certainly does. The over all health of the fish keeps them disease free.

Okay guys...
Im thinking of caring my clown fish and manually taking out the white stuff from his mouth...

Oh sorry I meant catching.
Cuz I don't have a tank to move my fish into for the parasite to die...
My clown fish has white stuff in his mouth preventing him from eating so I'm thinking about catching him and taking it out

Both my clown fish got sick at the same time. The baby one looked like this four a day or two and died :(

Attachments

• image-3990864087.jpg
    image-3990864087.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 56
Someone suggested Brooklynella or something like that...but I couldn't find a clear pic

Back
Top Bottom