cardinals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have some cardinals in QT and one thing seems to be clear, these are some very bold little fish. Every fish I have quartined up to this point has made full use of the pvc elbow and these little guys just sit at wait at the front of the glass to punk out anyone who comes to watch them. And they are still babies! So is this the general personality of a cardinal or is it because they are tank raised and used to it already? I have to say, these are some cool little fish!

I'm not sure, but just wanted to say that I share your fascination with cardinals. I'm looking at getting a few pajama cardinals, maybe...still in the thinking stage.

Good luck.

A friend of mine has a few of those, i like them too...was a hard choice between the two. I think the coolest part about them is that the father carries the eggs/baby fish in his mouth for safe keeping. What a cool dad! I got 4 babies, so I hope there is atleat one male-female pair. I think they pair for life also.

I need to get some more for my tank in school. Currently there is only one and he is always hiding behind his rock unless it is feeding time. I think I may put him in a brighter coloured tank to make his colours more vibrant. Would it work?

Hmm, I am not sure, but I bet that if you got more then it would not be so shy anymore. Thats what I would do. What size is your tank?

I have two PJ cardinals and I think they're nocturnal. They used to hid a LOT but have been out and about a little more often since I rearranged the rock. I don't know if they're happier or upset about it, but at least I can see them now.

Hmm, mine must be used to people then because they were tank raised and in small quarters as babies. Never had cardinals before so I have no idea what they are like personality-wise. But I love these little guys, they aren't afraid of anything. Wonder if that will change when I put them in the main...

Get some tank raised ones maybe he will come out more if the others do. The ones I got are pretty bold. I haven't put them in my 150 yet, but I can tell you if they remain bold in the bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom