Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

This guy us a real jumper. I have heard stories of people finding their snowflake eel on the floor and about as crisp as a piece of beef jerky, to only have them recover after going back in the tank. I think we over feed our fish as I have left mine to forage for long periods of time with no ill effects.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I don't think my heart can take much more! I went in the other room for about 10 minutes and came out and just happened to look at the floor near the 20g tank. You guessed it, I don't know how he jumped it, but cleared the filter, heater and powerhead and was on the floor. :-(

So I go get a piece of paper to scoope him up and he flips a tiny bit!! I get him back into the tank and he kinda sinks to the bottom. After a few minutes he got himself together and seems OK now.

so miracle number two for this little guy. He was actually a bit dried up when i got to him, no idea how long he was on the floor for. Plus he fell about 4 feet. This poor little fish. My first thought seeing him on the floor was that i should have left him in the back of the bio cube. :-(
Sorry carey, glad you found him!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow!! Just read through this thread!! Pretty amazing story...make that 2 amazing stories!! Tough little guy!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Unbelievable! What a survivor! And he's one of the best looking yellow watchmen I've ever seen too! Hope you can figure out a good home for him.
55 gallon reef tank. AquaticLife 4-bulb T5 HO with 4 LED moonlights. Reef Octopus BH-1000 HOB protein skimmer. TLF Phosban Reactor 150 running 400ml of NPX Bioplastics with a Maxi-Jet 1100 and a BRS Reactor running activated carbon with a Maxi-Jet 900. Vortech MP10w.
MBliss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

He can come live with me...but it's a long trip to Missouri.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

See if you can get some lottery numbers out of this fish. His luck is unbelievable lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Wow thats amazing... Love your story. I hope he doesn't perform any more of his magic tricks!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

So I think I'm officially paranoid. :-/ I have been watching the tank like a hawk. He doesn't make it easier by hanging out on the frag rack that's near the top of the water. for some reason he doesnt seem to like the sand, probably since there wasnt any in the filter as he grew up. LOL

I haven't seen him eat yet but not sure what he even eats, he was living in the fuge so maybe pods. I sure hope not cause I have no pods in the rimless and none in the 90g really yet.

Thats another thing guys, should I move him to the 90g now or wait? I don't wanna traumatize the little guy any more than I have to and getting him out of the cube was really rough on both of us. I won't be breaking the rimless down for another couple weeks so should I wait til the last minute?

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hey Carey, what's the update in the little goby?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com