Caribbean Live Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pkremer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have found a pretty good deal on some Caribbean live rock from a reputable source, but I am curious...I have never actually SEEN Caribbean live rock. I'm curious if anyone else has used this live rock and if they have pictures I might look at? I like the idea that it is less dense, giving you more size for your weight, but have no idea what they mean by "plating"? Is there anyone who can help me? :)

Paul

I've got some. Think big pieces of lettuce. Very interesting shapes. Mine did not arrive with much in the way of coralline , but the shapes are very interesting.

Don't have any pics handy right now.

JG

Well, I'm still hoping someone has some pictures of Caribbean rock!!! :)

I'd love to get some from LiveRocks.com, but they seem to be out of business...

Is it OK to mix different types of rock? I'd like to have a very unique look. My idea was to get a 20 pound box of Caribbean live rock and then get a 30 pound box of Lalo live rock. Then I'd have 50 pounds in a 46 gallon, and 2 different types of interesting rock.
http://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=44&pCatId=1359&ref=3788&subref=AE
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=876

Any ideas or recommendations?

Paul

A LFS by me sells it. It is very good stuff. Lots of color and life.

Really??? Would you mind telling me exactly where? I am actually going to be in Minneapolis on February 13th for a concert, and I've got the whole morning to burn...might not be a bad use of my time to check it out! And while I'm there, any other interesting aquarium places to check out? :)

Paul

The shop is called A Wet Pet. It is in Apple Valley (Soutgh Metro area) and is located 14680 Granada Ave. Apple Valley MN, 55124. Phone is 952-432-3474. I have not been there for a couple of weeks so I am not sure how their rock selection is currently. I suggest giving them a call if you are interested. Good luck! How are you coming to the Citis to see?

And while I'm there, any other interesting aquarium places to check out?

Underwater World at the Mall of America is a great indoor aquarium. Worth a trip and the $15 price of admission. There are a couple of nice shops very close to each other in Richfield, on 66th St. just west of Hwy 77 (Cedar Ave.) They are called A World of Fish and Something Fishy. Worth a look.

So I checked out those stores!!!

A Wet Pet was nice, although they didn't have any Caribbean rock. Wouldn't you know they were going to order some in the week AFTER I showed up! It's a long drive just to look at it! :)

I was very impressed with A World of Fish too, although I thought they were a tad bit expensive. Anyway, I was glad I checked them out! Thanks lando!

Back
Top Bottom