CARIBSEA HONEYCOMB BASE ROCK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't used it, but it looks like some good base rock. Remember, base rock is not LR. You can mix it with LR and will become "live".

Less than $1 per pound. Looks very good to me, though I've never used it. Nice thing is you can assemble a few dry pcs and make swim through areas and stuff nicely with it before it gets in the water.

Gonna mix another , sayyyy, 25 lbs of live rock with it? Uncured would be just fine in all together at the same time. Or add the LR shortly thereafter for cycling maybe.

I can't, I have never used base. Do you have a LFS close to you?

Actually, the doctors Foster and Smith retail store is just over an hour away, but they charge 5.99 a pound for live rock and I have a 150g tank to fill. I'm thinking about maybe 100-150 pounds of base rock with 50-100 pounds of live rock on top. I'll probably order base rock first, start cycling.... then order 50lbs live rock from live aquaria or elsewhere, as well as hand pick a few nice pieces from some lfs.

100-150 pounds of base rock with 50-100 pounds of live rock on top

Sounds good. If you can hand pick, go for it. Also, you don't necessarily have to use the base on the bottom IMO. You can mix it here and there according to fit while you're constructing I believe.

Be careful with adding uncured liverock after you cycle. May go thru another if a decent quantity of rock is added. I'd put it all in together and cycle once.

I'd consider driving the 1.5 hrs if you could in order to handpick the stuff -dry and live that you want. It'll be worth it IMO.

vsnsofadrgn- It says the website has been disabled. You have another url?

5.99 a lb is a good price. I paid 8.99 a lb for 200 lbs. I dont like surprises. I want to see my LR as I pick it out.

Back
Top Bottom