Carpet Surfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
Had a Bar Gobi go carpet surfing on me Satruday.

Odd thing I got home from a 2 day trip. Was home about an hour and noticed that I had not seen the Gobi at feeding time. I moved my son's little recliner next to the tank and found a crusty Gobi on the floor.

Well trhew him in the toilet to flush him and the little bugger started swimming around in the bowl. Well grabbed him as quick as possible and threw him in the tank. This was about 5:00 pm. Next morning he was still alive and swimming and eating the mornings goodies. Well got home from another short trip about 4:30 and he was dead.

Oh well just thought I would share don't always assume dead if they are crusty!!!!

That's an amazing story MYTY! I can't imagine what I would have done if I were in your shoes. Not to make light of this but, it is possible that he was resusitated by the toilet water? :wink:

kinda like smelling salts. HEHEHE.

Yeah sad to loose a fish but I'm not one with much emotional attachments to fish. Love the way they look but unless they have personality I don't get to attached.

Similar story with a Maroon Clown. By an incredible coincidence, I was under the tank because the light timer was off for some reason when I noticed what looked like a Clown on the floor behind the tank. Sure enough, it was. I picked him up and he was dry and stiff but his tail flexed slightly when I picked him up, so I dropped him in the tank. He fell like he was dead, but then within a few minutes appeared to be perfectly fine. I watched him for a while and he showed no problems or any sign of stress.

The next day he was dead.

Back
Top Bottom