Carpet Tried to Eat Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I introduced a green carpet anemone into a tank with two false clowns a few days ago. I selected the carpet as I believed that it was a good match for this type of clown. Well this morning I was shocked to see that my anemone had other ideas about his tankmates -- like breakfast, maybe.

One clown was squirming and thrashing hard to get free, but the anemone had him in a strangle hold. I intervened, helping the clown escape. He's got a number of "scars" from his encounter and appears quite shaken up about the whole ordeal. He's also keeping a wide berth of the carpet -- a far cry from the snuggling I had hoped for.

Anyway, my question... what's up with this behavior? Is this a sign that either the clown or the carpet (or both) is unwell? Anything I can do, short of maintaining 24/7 vigilance over the tank, to keep the clowns safe?

Fish are a natural food for a carpet.. Sounds like you had gotten a Haddoni and had Percs or occerlaris clowns.. Which normally dont host in a haddoni

I would have let them be food myself.. Most likey the Carpet is not going to make it now due to the stress of that whole ordeal..

HTH,
James

Back
Top Bottom