Carpets? Questions on caring for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am interested in getting a Carpet Anenome and was wondering why is it difficult to care for? What is required to keep it healthy? Thanks BTW I have a 55gal. 20,000K MH, 3 1W Lunar Lights, Live sand 4in DSB, 75lbs. Live Rock, 2 Cinnamon Clownfish, Yellow Tang, Magenta Dottyback, snails, crabs, Feather Duster, Sabae Purple Tipped Anenome, Red Sun polyp, assorted polyps, 2 Assorted Color Plate Corals, Pipe Organ, Frogspawn, Fox Coral, Flat Brain, Finger Leather, Mushrooms, Green Star Polyps, Wet/Dry filter, Protein Skimmer, Heater, I have the Liquid Plankton and also frozen plankton and brine shrimp for food.
The feisty Leather Coral that has the yellow polyps but hasn't sprouted yet in 2 months looks healthy. Why is it so difficult?? http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/

Carpets are more difficult than other anemones, they get large and can eat your fish. They usually require MH lighting and very, very good water quality they are not as tolerate to changes in water quality.

Kaye

Mine ate several fish, including a porcupine puffer. I KNOW it was the culprit as I saw it getting rid of the waste, which included the puffers head.

As I stated above I have MH butting eating my fish is no good. Water quality I do a 10% weekly water change.

IMO your tank is too small for one of those.. They can get big and as others have said they will EAT your fish.
My friend has one and it has eatten about $150 in fish.

I have the Liquid Plankton and also frozen plankton and brine shrimp for food.

They eat silversides, shrimp chunks, scallops, fish and so on.

Another food a carpet will eat is Krill.

Kaye

The carpet is a very aggressive anemone.. I'd check out the magnifica's or ocellaris types.. I have two ocellaris clowns with a ocellaris anemone.. wonderful.. but im not too sure about your cinnamon clowns.. but most clowns will host anything!

They are dead the second you put it into the tank. They live forever in the wild, but in the tank 5 years would let alone 5 months would be a miracle. Get a BTA if you need an anemone! Carpets belong in the SEA not in you home!

Back
Top Bottom