Cat Hair/Stuff Floating on Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelin_Salty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 90 gal drilled tank, and I'm wondering, is there a good way to get the cat hair, and other things floating on the top off the water out of there? I dont think it's causing much of a problem with the tank or anything, but I just see it from time to time

do you have a skimmer? if so, do you have a surface skimmer attatchment? that should help i think. Or you could just take your net and skim the top of water to get it out (if its on top) And by the way...does your cat like swimming or something lol. Just kidding...i accidentally dried my arm off on a towel that my dog was laying on (huskies in arizona shed a lot by the way lol) and then stuck my hand back in the tank, which was terrible...there was hair all on the rocks/sand/etc...took forever for the filters to finally get it all (my crab actually took some of it and put it in some hole lol)

HTH

My cat is constantly on top of my tank looking at it but I have an overflow that collects all the hair that drops in. If you don’t have an overflow then I’d just use a net to collect it. Most of the time if not caught soon enough it will just fall to the bottom but as long as it isn’t excessive it shouldn’t pose any problems to your stock.

My only concern is if your cat is an indoor/outdoor cat and if you use flee dip which if in large quantities could adversely affect your tank.

P.S. My cat is kind of strange and will jump in the shower with me sometimes
crazy4me.gif

Back
Top Bottom