Catalina Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys,

I've just been to my LFS to get a cleaner shrimp, and they had a really nice goby in, very small (pic attached), which from what I can see looks to be a Catalina Goby (it wasn't marked up, and I haven't seen one before at any of my LFS's).

I have a 10g nano tank, and was hoping it would be okay for my tank? The goby is only approx 1". Other fish I have are: ocellaris clown, magenta dottyback, and both a green citrus and yellow clown goby (both tiny, and they get on fine). I do regular water changes (25% every 1-2 weeks), and feed sparingly. I know I may be pushing it with the stocking level, but I do look after my tank, and the 2 gobys really are tiny, consume little food, and I would assume produce little waste, so I wouldn't think they'd add much to the bioload.

The thing I'm worried about is the water temp, I've read that the Catalina Goby requires lower temperatures? My tank is run at 24-26°C.

Also, will there be a problem either with my magenta dottyback vs the new goby as he can be a bit aggressive (similar body shape, although much smaller); or between the 3 gobies?

Hope someone can give some advice?

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 97
Agreed PLUS the Catalina goby is a "cold" water fish and needs a decidedly different setup from your crrent fish. It's be a cool (pun intended) centerpiece for a new cold water nano though. ;)

No worries guys, thanks for the advice, I'll leave it as it is! It is a good looking fish though.

Back
Top Bottom