Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-18-2004, 11:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
catching a fast fish

I have a friend who has set up his tank & is looking to add a couple of new fish. I have a blue Tang that he is wanting and I'm willing to help a friend. I tried to net it for 1/2 hour, no luck. I am NOT in the mood to dismantle my aquascaping after just moving the tank.

Any ideas on how to get him(or her) out?

It's not a dress, it's a kilt.
pipermurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
You can drain down the water into a garbage can,,,take away their advantage and leverage.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Take a 2ltr bottle, cut the top off just after it levels out, then cut a hole in the top just a little larger than the fish, turn the top over and shove into the bottom, place a small amount of food (something said fish really likes), and wait, and watch.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
or you can wait till late nite with all light out for few hours. the fish will be in sleep/rest mode and try to catch it with net n torchlight.
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
given the fact that it is a reef, this is not going to be easy. I tried what seemed like forever to catch a destructive flame angel with no luck. I ended up tearing the entire reef down to get the devil. I read your profile and would love to see pics of your reef. It sounds great. Any chance of getting some pics in your gallery? Good luck in the capture...Lando
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com