catching a fast fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a friend who has set up his tank & is looking to add a couple of new fish. I have a blue Tang that he is wanting and I'm willing to help a friend. I tried to net it for 1/2 hour, no luck. I am NOT in the mood to dismantle my aquascaping after just moving the tank.

Any ideas on how to get him(or her) out?

You can drain down the water into a garbage can,,,take away their advantage and leverage. :wink:

Take a 2ltr bottle, cut the top off just after it levels out, then cut a hole in the top just a little larger than the fish, turn the top over and shove into the bottom, place a small amount of food (something said fish really likes), and wait, and watch.

or you can wait till late nite with all light out for few hours. the fish will be in sleep/rest mode and try to catch it with net n torchlight.

given the fact that it is a reef, this is not going to be easy. I tried what seemed like forever to catch a destructive flame angel with no luck. I ended up tearing the entire reef down to get the devil. I read your profile and would love to see pics of your reef. It sounds great. Any chance of getting some pics in your gallery? Good luck in the capture...Lando

Back
Top Bottom