catching a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok i have a 3striped damsel i have to get out he is tearring my maroon clown apart his fins are al torn he wont even go in his anamone he goes to the top of the tank and stays there i have coral and lr I tried the pop bottle he wont go in all the other fish do but not him and when i put a net or even stand by my tank he hides inthe rock any other ideas to catch him if i have to i can catch the clown and put him in my other tank but i really dont want to move the two anemones thanks Jester

P.S. I even tried using a hook and fishing line with some brine didnt work either all the other fish were going after it so i just stoped before i hooked the wrong guy

:lol:
I even tried using a hook and fishing line with some brine
Sorry I just pictured you fishing in your aquarium. :lol:

I made a trap with clear PVC but this will work. Get a clear 2 liter bottle and cut the bottom out of it. clean all the label off so it will be nice and clear. Attach a dial rod or similar to the bottle with a ty-wrap around where the cap normally goes. Hold the bottle in your tank by the dial rod a few inches off the bottom. squirt food softly into the bottle through the threading opening. The fish will bump into the bottle trying to get the food but will figure out to go under the bottle to get it. Once the one you want is in the bottle just push the bottle down to the bottom and then put a net under bottom of bottle and pull bottle out with net over bottom.

get a Gator aid bottle cut the top off. Turn the part that look like a funnel around and stick it back into the remaining part of the bottle. Put some type of bait in the bottle then fill it with your aquarium water. Once the fish swims in it will not be able to figure out how to get out. Work great for me Keep me from tearing up my tank and less stress on the fish.

i tried the one with the gator aid bottle but he wont go in i will try Brenden`s method sounds good thatnks for the replys guys

Yeah...What he said. I guess that is what happens when you are typing and dialing numbers and talking on the phone. :lol:

ok well i got him thanks now what to do with him i put him in my qt tank i hav a 3 spot domino in there and now the tables have turned the domino his beatting the hell out of him I was thinking of putting the 3stripped in my other thank but i have a manderain and a Bicolor Pseudochromis I am worried that the 3 stripe will kill the bicolor any ideas guys thanks

Back
Top Bottom