Catching clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a clownfish that I desperately need to take out of my tank but I don't know how! Any recommendations?

wait until about an hour after lights out,then using a bright torch shine it on the clown then net it,this seems to work.

Grr it didn't work! When I tuned the lights on the clownfish was still out and it just went and hid in the rocks! What did I do wrong!?

That looks promising! I just need to find a bottle. Wait, what if I catch the wrong fish?

That looks promising! I just need to find a bottle. Wait, what if I catch the wrong fish?
It does happen, just release and start over....sometimes you'll have 2,3 or 4 dumb fish in there and not the one you wanted...it may take 1 or 2 tries or 10-15:lol:,,,but it "should" work

I had a tomato clown that I had to remove,Try dropping a few pcs of flake food on the water surface till he gets used to feeding that way.Then put your net under the area and drop the flakes and quickly come up with your net.I ended up flipping him out of the tank onto the carpet but it worked.LOL

Ricksreef said:
I had a tomato clown that I had to remove,Try dropping a few pcs of flake food on the water surface till he gets used to feeding that way.Then put your net under the area and drop the flakes and quickly come up with your net.I ended up flipping him out of the tank onto the carpet but it worked.LOL

I tried that but he wouldn't even go near the net 

Oh hey! Are you that guy on YouTube that does rickett's reef?

just wait until feeding time. it will go up to get the food,and you can net it. it helps if you use there favourite treat instead of just regular flakes

Grrrrrrrrrrr! It keeps going near but it won't go in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've probably tried this but all clowns host on something, whether a sandbed, power head, coral or anemone. They go to sleep at night, hovering over this host point, keep lights off, use a background light like a coffee table lamp in the back ground to light your way. Should be a breeze.

I've used this product in the past, I think to catch a damsel who was too aggressive in the tank:

Ultra Life Reef Trap - Mini - 3 in. x 9 in.#

I have also read some reviews online that said this thing was awful. I do remember that I had to stay with the trap for a few minutes, but the fish I was trying to get was pretty brazen.

i hope you guys find something that works i want to catch my two clowns and trade them in for a huge maroon clown lol

Back
Top Bottom