catching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragoneye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i am trying to catch done fish from my tank by don't want to tear it apart. i know there are rapid and i have tired to make the pop bottle kind but seem to not be working any ideas. also if you know of any traps for bristle worms

I was trying to catch a dragon goby from my tank and IMO the bottle trap is useless.

This is the trap I made that ended weeks of being out smarted by a fish lol.

Take a piece of pvc pipe and on one end use an elastic band to hold on a piece of saran wrap(if you use a pvc cap its too dark and they won't go in). Put food in the open end all the way against the saran wrap so they have to go all the way in to get it. When they go in simply lift it up so the open end is up and the saran wrap end is on your sandbed. Fish don't know that they can just swim up and out so don't panic he won't get out. As you lift it out hold the saran wrap on or the pressure from the water will pop it off and you start all over(learned that the hard way lol). Then, you celebrate because you are the superior species hahaha good luck

Seems like a good idea! Bristle worms being bad is not true. They are such good scavengers that people think they kill things. I would keep them. I had a couple but had to hypo my tank. A couple days ago I saw one and was very exited! GL!!!!!

thanks

thanks for the advice. that pipe idea might work I'll try it today.

as far as the bristle worms i know they are not bad if you have enough food for them to scavenge but if they run it out they will start eating good things. i am worried that they will run out soon due to the increasing number of them. i have like already a hundred and a few are a good 6-8 inches long. so this is y i want to get rid of a couple lol.

I use a 10x10 sheet of acrylic...retard fish freeze up everytime I corner them with the sheet lol

Back
Top Bottom