Catching Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VAguy39

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 26 Gallon tank with to many fish in it. I started the tank thinking I would only have fish in it, but like many others I have turned it into a reef tank. The fish I want to take out are 2 purple chromis. Theese guys are healty and very fast...I have a lot of live rock with many tunnels and holes for them to hide in. I fear I will have to take my whole reef apart and remove most of my rock to get them out. The other fish I have are a clown, royal gramma, purple fire fish, and a scooter blenny. I also have a cleaner shrimp. All my corals, and fish seem very happy and healty, I just wanted them out to give the other fish a little more room, and to also try to help reduce my Nitrates, I can never seem to get them below 20. Anyone have any bright ideas on catching these guys?

Thanks....

Yes, they are fast. Sorry to say, the best way to get them is to remove the rock. You can try leading them with food or catching them at night but you may end up clearing the tank. Two nets are always helpful.

maybe try during feeding, two nets may also be helpful. If there like my Chromis they dont move much after lights out, maybe that will work out. I would try two nets after lights out.

Thanks for the suggestions....I will give it a try after lights out with two nets...

Well it was not fun, but I caught my two purple chromis, and brought them back to my LFS. I did have to take most of my corals and live rock out to catch these guys. Took about 2 hours to take everyting out catch the fish and then put everything back. In the process I made some rock placement changes that I had want to do for a while. I think my other 3 fish already seem happier to have more room :D now I can focus on more coral selections and building my reef.....

Back
Top Bottom