Catching Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigNEMO

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to catch a Yellow Tang & 4 Green Chromis to put in a 20 gallon QT tank since they now have ICK. I have about 160 lbs live rock. Any suggestions?

Also, do Lawnmower Blennies get ICK? He doesn't seem to have any spots. I was told by LFS his slime layer is so thick he would not get it. I have been treating the main tank with "NO-ICK" and it doesn't seem to be working so now I am in the QT mode!

One of the things you could do is try a fish trap. They sell them in the lFS and there are ways to make a DIY fishtrap.

On the ICk aspect. One thing to do is not only treat the ick but establish where it likly came from and how it developed and then take care of the cause as well as the outbreak.

When did the ick first appear? Any changes in the routine aroudn or just prior to the ick apearing?

I had purchased 3 small Blue Tangs. 2 of them never ate and died within a week. The last one ate like a pig but ICK attacked him and he died.

perhaps the Ick came with the tangs..

Any new fish should be QTed for atleast 3-4 weeks. I will help save any other fish getting the disease that a new fish may have .

QT first , it saves alot of heart ache

Back
Top Bottom