Catching the coral banded shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DWilliams

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I need to get this coral banded shrimp out of a 150 gallon reef tank full of rock and corals. Taking the rock out is out of the question. Any other ideas? I've tried to put food in a fish net and trap him that didn't work and I also tryed the 2 liter bottle trick. Just can't catch this guy haha.

Add a puffer lol sorry that's gonna be hard since your tank is so large and they are kinda fast. Maybe you can scare him under a rock and remove the whole rock if hes on it?

Get a trap for fish and bait it. Hopefully in the morning he'll be in there by morning.

I'd be all over the puffer idea but there's like 6 cleaner shrimp and some fire shrimp in there it would get too risky. He hides under this 1 huge rock all the time, I've tried just about everything as far as I know. I've even just tried killing him in the tank, but he is too fast. I haven't tried a fish trap does anyone know any good ones? With my luck I'll prob catch everything but him with it.

Mine won't do it quite as readily as a skunk cleaner normally will, but I have had mine jump on my hand. I'm not sure if he's attacking me or if he is cleaning me. (It doesn't feel any worse than a grasshopper crawling on your leg.) I think if I moved slow, I could net mine off my hand. Have you treid to see if he'll just hop on you? I have noticed this is easier to get him to do in low light.

Can I ask why u are wanting to get rid of ur coral banded? I was lookin to get one but kind of hesitant bc I heard they could be aggressive. I don't want him goin after my Rainsford goby

It was killing all my cleaner shrimp & fire shrimp. Also grabbed some small fish. I'd stay away from them, Very aggressive IMO

Thought so.. More then likely I was gonna go with cleaner shrimp..I just think the CBS look awesome..thanks for the reassure meant lol, cleaner shrimp it is.

Sonny bats said:
Thought so.. More then likely I was gonna go with cleaner shrimp..I just think the CBS look awesome..thanks for the reassure meant lol, cleaner shrimp it is.

You can get the Golden coral banded shrimp.They are safe.

Back
Top Bottom