Caulerpa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inspire0522

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everyone... on my way to my lfs to pick up some Caulerpa macro algae. just wanted to see who uses it and what they think? also anyone here use macro in there show tank? if so, would love to see some pictures. thanks guys.. like always a big help!

No macro in the show tank except for feeding time for my three tangs. I grow my own grape Calerpa in the fuge. As a matter of fact it`s time to feed right now. :)

Were you planning on adding caulerpa to the show tank? I've heard of a few people who didn't like to do that b/c of how easily caulerpa can spread. It's a personal preference thing. I personally like some macro in the tank other than just for food (must be from my FW roots).

I would caution adding caulerpa to your main tank. It works great in a sump setting but is a very invasive macro that can take over your tank and is almost impossible to get rid of once it takes hold. It also will go sexual at night and muck up your water without regular pruning. A sump/refug. with 24hr lighting is a good idea for this macro. It is great for nutrient export but does come with risks.

Back
Top Bottom