Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a Pakistan butterfly fish. He is pretty awesome that is my main fish he is pretty well behaved. Check them out super cool fish

Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Any other idease on like a purple,red yeloow or sumptin?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I know it is a small fish but helfrichi fire fish are awesome I also just picked one of those up. small fish but huge personality! Look it up once one of the coolest fish I have ever seen for a smaller tank
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Its cool but i have 2 clowns and 2 blue chromis so i was looking for something vibrant and high personality because it will be the only solo fish to go with 2 pairs so i wanted it to be a wow type of fish...
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharklover
Any other idease on like a purple,red yeloow or sumptin?
I like my new chalk bass! Stays about 3" very quick lil guy and has great color. He is neon blue and red. Reef safe and hes good personality, he doesnt just sit in one place all day long, he is constantly moving.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bicolor blenny is a really interesting fish to keep, not shy and has a lot of personality. They're under $20 around here.

I also think a dwarf angel would work, at least in terms of temperament. They can be iffy in a reef- don't know if this applies to you or not. I see some people saying that they won't bother corals if you keep them well fed... but I don't buy it after I had to tear down a 50 gallon to get a well fed, coral eating half black angel. They are really hit or miss with corals IMO.

A fairy wrasse is another great option. They're active and colorful, and there are a lot of species available in the hobby- something at every price point.

If this were my tank I would look into adding some more live rock. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh View Post
I know it is a small fish but helfrichi fire fish are awesome I also just picked one of those up. small fish but huge personality! Look it up once one of the coolest fish I have ever seen for a smaller tank
Gorgeous fish, but probably not for the reefer on a budget.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh ill deff get more rock i want only about another like 10-12 lbs more or less and at this point im still getting the bicolor blenny but im just open to options
Old 02-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

I got my hefrichi for 30$ I can get them for that price whenever. My fish Guy doesn't mark his fish up a ton. I got an Indian ocean tang not that long ago for 20$ so if anyone wants some cheap fish let me know. I wont mark anything up ill just charge shipping. Even with shipping included that's far less than any fish at my lfs
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh
I got my hefrichi for 30$ I can get them for that price whenever. My fish Guy doesn't mark his fish up a ton. I got an Indian ocean tang not that long ago for 20$ so if anyone wants some cheap fish let me know. I wont mark anything up ill just charge shipping. Even with shipping included that's far less than any fish at my lfs
This is pretty far outside the norm for most areas. Here in Atl metro, our prices are pretty reasonable compared to a lot of other locations, but even a purple ff will run you $40 or so. For a helfrichi you're looking at the $100-120 range here.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama

This is pretty far outside the norm for most areas. Here in Atl metro, our prices are pretty reasonable compared to a lot of other locations, but even a purple ff will run you $40 or so. For a helfrichi you're looking at the $100-120 range here.
Here also the helfrichi that is at my lfs right now is for sale for $110. The Guy I get my stuff from just does a lot of volume so he can sell for lower prices. For example he sells more live stock in 1 week than the 4 lfs combined.

Tags
centerpiece, centerpiece fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com