Centipede type crawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got these centipede looking bugs on my live rock in my nano
When I picked up the rock they crawled on me ??
Anyone tell me if I should be trying to rid myself of these ? I don't have them in my large reef aquarium

They're bristleworms. They make traps for them if they bother you, otherwise they're pretty got for the tanks, they eat detritus and help keep the tank clean.

Look like this?

bristleworm2.jpg

So they live in my display and on my rock fish don't want to eat them
So like lice fleas ?!
They are good than ?

amphipods are generally considered good. not all fish will bother with amphipods if they are fed regularly. I feel like if I get lazy on feeding the pod population gets picked on more, but usually the clowns can care less. It depends on the species of fish, my sixline likes to hunt them, bluehead wrasse is the same, but the rainbow wrasse can't be bothered. go figure. :)

lice and fleas are different they are terrestial bugs, different story there

melosu58 said:
Look like this?

That is a picture of what you don't want to have. Those worms are much fatter and bigger and very poisonous. On the reef they get up to 6" long and almost an inch wide. Their spines are like Fiberglas and can really hurt. The little ones are fine, these big orange ones need to go if you see one. Just be careful.

That is a picture of what you don't want to have. Those worms are much fatter and bigger and very poisonous. On the reef they get up to 6" long and almost an inch wide. Their spines are like Fiberglas and can really hurt. The little ones are fine, these big orange ones need to go if you see one. Just be careful.

Sorry, but I disagree. I haven't found anything wrong with them being in the tank. I've had an 8" one in my reef tank before. They benefit a tank, and I see nothing wrong with them. I feel a lot of the time, they get a bad rap. To each's own, though.

I'm not that into poisonous worms. I did have a Lion Fish for years, so you're right, there is a creature for everybody...just be careful, if you grab him wrong, he will make you cry for Mama.

Back
Top Bottom